Baby German Shepherd for adoption
- as much love as you can give me. I promise I'll give you ten times that amount in return!
- a regular trip to the vet to keep me healthy
- water - water - more fresh water
- nutrition - the best we can afford please
- safety (leash/fence)
- training - activity for my mind
- heartworm/flea & tick prevention & regular trips to the vets
- exercise - exercise - more exercise - activity for my body
- grooming - you'll notice right away if something's wrong
- ID - so I'll never be homeless
- spay & neuter so someday there won't be unwanted pets dying every day in shelters
~With All My Love~ Your New Rescue Dog
How To Adopt A New Friend
If you are interested in adopting a new family member from our organization, please complete the online adoption application. This is the fastest method but if you prefer, you may contact us by you an application.
Our adoption fee of $100 to $250 is based on each dog and it's needs. Senior dogs, special need dogs and senior citizen adoptions are $100; all others are $200-$250. The adoption fee helps cover expenses for the dogs while in the rescue program including the vet check, vaccines, heartworm testing, stool check, spay/neuter plus other necessary veterinary care and training to get the dog ready for adoption.
Everyone must submit an application before an appointment is made to come and meet the dogs.
We work BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Our Mission and Objective
To find loving forever homes for adoptable German Shepherd Dogs placed in shelters, strays and owner turn-ins. Provide needed medical care, training and rehabilitation to neglected, abused or sick German Shepherd Dogs until they are ready for adoption.
- Lower the number of unnecessary euthanasia of healthy, adoptable pets.
- Inform and educate about responsible humane treatment of animals and the importance of spay/neuter.
- Bring attention to the plight of shelter pets in animal control facilities.
- Work toward insuring law enforcement agencies prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, persons found guilty of cruelty and inhumane treatment of animals.
The TBGSR is an all volunteer non-profit pet rescue organization for German Shepherd Dogs. We are supported by private donations, adoption fees, fund raisers and bequests from individuals and businesses. All of our pets are spayed/neutered prior to adoption. They are up-to-date on all vaccinations and heartworm negative. We are dedicated to helping our adoptable animals find good homes where they will be safe, well cared for and loved for the rest of their lives. Caring for these animals allows us to learn more about their personalities and helps us to place them in a home best suited for them.
Donations and Volunteering...
Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue welcomes volunteers who wish to help. We are always in the need of foster homes to house dogs while going though medical care while getting them ready for adoption. We have a list of items that are on our wish list: Check them out and please do what you can!
Anyone wishing to make a donation toward our rescue efforts can do so by sending a check to Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue at the following address:
Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue
11904 Mc Mullen Loop
Riverview, FL 33569
To all those that have donated funds to help with vet bills & expenses and all those that have opened their homes to foster, we can not thank you enough. You are true heroes!
Temporary Foster Homes Always Needed
When our facilities are full, this means we have to turn down worthy candidates and can not pull dogs from shelters because space is at such a premium. All dogs are spayed/neutered, wormed, treated for fleas, vaccinated and on heartworm preventative. We provide a crate, leash, collars and food.
If you have the time, the patience and loads of love to spare, we need you to help us brush up the skills that make these dogs EMAIL US for more info.
- Loving Foster Homes
- Donations to our vets (heartworm treatments, spays/neuters, emergency surgeries, heartworm and flea preventative & medications)
- PetsMart gift cards to get supplies as needed
- Iam's, Eukanuba, ProPlan or Nutro Large Breed Dog Food
- Throw rugs 24" x 36" up to 48" for the crates
- Someone to make crate pads
- Gift Cards for gas stations for transporter