Tan and black German Shepherd
(Based on breed recognition. See store for details on this particular puppy.)
- American Canine Association
- Continental Kennel Club
- Universal Kennel Club International
- American Kennel Club
- United All Breed Registry
- America's Pet Registry, Inc.
- United Kennel Club
The German Shepherd Dog is one of America’s most popular dog breeds, known for its intelligence and hard work. Its devotion and courage are unmatched and it is an amazingly versatile breed that excels at most anything it's trained to do including guide and assist, work with the handicapped, police and military service, herding, search and rescue, drug detection, competitive obedience and just being a very faithful companion. It's a large, strong and very smart breed with a double coat made-up of a thick undercoat and dense, slightly wavy or straight outer coat. Most German Shepherd dogs have tan and black or red and black hair, medium in length and tend to shed all year round. Other rarer color variations include solid black, solid white, liver and blue.
- The German Shepherd requires an active lifestyle and makes for an ideal companion, protector and guard dog.
- Very devoted to its family and home and usually maintains a suspicious demeanor around strangers.