Long haired German Shepherd pictures
Traditionally, we know the German Shepherd to have a short coat, but every once-in-awhile one of those GSD genes will go “rogue” (recessive) and throw the combination, producing a German Shepherd with a long coat. Albeit considered a “genetic fault” by many, these flowing locks are gorgeous. Check out these other reasons why the long-haired German Shepherd is so awesome!
A for Awesome Appearance!
The long-haired German Shepherd is a beautiful dog to behold and very similar to their short-haired counterparts. Here are some quick facts about this canine companion:
- Males stand 24 to 26 inches tall at the shoulder and can weigh up to 88 pounds.
- Females stand 22 to 24 inches at the shoulder and can weigh up to 73 pounds.
- Long-haired German Shepherds do not have an undercoat—a coat close to the the skin, as the short-coated variety does—so this dog’s fur tends to be shinier. However, it does not insulate the dog from heat and cold all that well.
If you have ever come across a German Shepherd or have owned one yourself, then you already know that it’s personality is one of intelligence and dedication. In fact, this breed is well known for its ability to service man in areas like police work, search and rescue teams and for sniffing out narcotics or bombs in high-risk areas. But what about the long-haired German Shepherd?
- The long-haired German Shepherd wants to be in constant contact with it’s family.
- Great for indoor living as long as they are given daily exercise.
- Brave and loyal towards family members.
- Playful and protective which means they are awesome with children and even make good babysitters.
Excellence in Fun!
The long-haired German Shepherd abounds in fun and has endless energy for daily activities with it’s beloved caretaker. This dog loves to explore, learn and play, earning it an excellence in fun for:
- Playing fetch
- Catching a flying disc
- Jogging with it’s pet parent
- Going for hikes
- Playing with his or her doggy friends in the park
Makes the Grade in Grooming
Of course, you don’t get a long-haired German Shepherd if you dislike grooming a dog or have no time to do so, but for those pet parents that don’t mind the task, this canine does have some advantages.
- The long-haired German Shepherd’s nail will keep trim with regular exercise on pavement.
- Grooming the coat can be done twice weekly to keep it mat-free.
- Bathing only needs to be done when needed because its coat lacks the natural oils to withstand constant washing.
The Long-Haired German Shepherd Gold Star Performances
We can brag about how awesome the long-haired German Shepherd is, but why not check them out for yourself in this gold star performance by this gorgeous group of long-haired German Shepherds running and playing?
Love instagram? Tin Tin, the long-haired German Shepherd, is picture perfect. Check out some of his beautiful photos!
The Long-Haired German Shepherd Final Report
The long-haired German Shepherd is an awesome breed that any GSD pet parent would be pleased to call their own. This dog not only has an unique appearance, but it has an outstanding personality and loves to be around it’s family.
If you are interested in bringing a long-haired German Shepherd into your family, be sure to check out reputable breeders or rescue organizations in your area.
- Como jogar a roleta e ganhar mais dinheiro: